At the beginning of each year, trip coordinators are required to complete a new ‘Trip Coordinator and Group Information Form’.
Trip Coordinator Training
Join us for an upcoming trip coordinator training!
Thursday, January 30, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Tomball Community Center, 221 West Market Street 77375
Wednesday, February 26, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (limit 50)
Spring Woods Baptist Church, 10131 Emnora Lane 77080
Monday, March 30, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. (limit 40)
Kingwood Branch Library , 4400 Bens View Lane 77339
Thursday, April 23, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
CHI St. Luke’s Health–The Vintage Hospital, 20171 Chasewood Park Drive 77070
Tuesday, May 19, from 1 pm. to 3 p.m.
Mangum-Howell Community Center at Doss Park, 2500 Frick Road 77038
Thursday, June 25, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Big Stone Lodge, 709 Riley Fuzzel Road 77373
Tuesday, September 22, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Oaks Presbyterian Church, 1576 Chantilly Lane 77018
Wednesday, October 21, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The MET Church, 13000 Jones Road 77070
Tuesday, November 17, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Copperfield Church, 8350 Highway 6 North 77095
All Precinct 4 trip coordinators are required to attend a training every two years. To register, call 713-274-4050 Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m
Reserve Your Trip(s)
Reserve your trip for November through April beginning September 1 (ending September 30), or plan a trip for May through October beginning March 1 (ending March 30). Click here for the current reservation schedule. Trip Coordinators will receive a monthly email from Fun4Seniors of remaining available dates to reserve extra buses for the current reservation period. Reservations for your travel group can be made by following the instructions below:
1) Go to www.hcp4.net/encore/daytrips/
2) Select ‘Transportation Bus Reservations’ button in the right column.
3) Complete the form and review your answers, then click SUBMIT to complete your request(s). Once submitted, a confirmation message will appear. If your form did not submit, please check all required fields and click submit again.
If approved, you will receive an email confirmation and confirmation number within 7 to 10 business days of your request. When contacting the transportation department have your confirmation number ready for quick reference.
Please do not exceed the maximum number of passengers after your trip has been approved. For wheelchair accessible bus reservations, please confirm the exact number of wheelchairs by calling the Transportation Office at 713-274-4050, 3 to 5 business days before your trip.
Detailed itineraries and plans for each trip must be arranged and submitted to the Transportation Office at least 30-days prior to departure. Private groups may submit your itinerary by completing the Trip Itinerary Form. For trips from assisted living or multi care facilities, submit your itinerary by completing the Trip Itinerary Form for MultiCare Facilities.
Questions to Ask for a Successful Trip
While discussing reservations with a destination representative, always provide them with information/history about the group, i.e. average age of the group, physical limitations of passengers, etc.
The following questions will help plan the best possible trip for your group:
Important: Always ask for the very best accommodations for the group.
Where does the bus/driver drop off and pick up passengers?
• Is it close to the entrance?
Where does the bus park?
• Are there parking fees?
How much walking is required?
• Is the surface flat?
• What is the walking surface: paved, gravel, dirt, grass, etc.?
Is the facility at the destination wheelchair-accessible?
Is there a place to sit down and rest?
• If someone does not wish to take the tour, is there a place for them to wait for the group?
Are rest rooms easily accessible?
What is the duration of the entertainment, tour, activity, or event?
• How early should we arrive?
• When do the doors open?
• Will we have reserved seating?
• Is anything included, like refreshments?
Will you receive a written confirmation?
Will anyone meet us? If so, get the person’s name.
Is there something special to see or do at the destination: A “don’t miss” event?
What happens if it rains?
• Will the event be cancelled or rescheduled?
• Is there a canopy or portico where the passengers can exit and enter the vehicle in rainy weather?
Are there any fees, charges, etc?
• Any special or extra charges not included?
• Is there a senior adult discount?
• When is the money due?
• Is a deposit necessary to hold the tickets, reservations, etc?
• When is the final payment due?
• How should the check be made out?
• Will they accept a personal check?
• Do they need only one check?
• To whom and where do you send the money?
• Are there free tickets, meals, parking, etc.? For example, one free for 10 full paying; or one free for 15 full paying (ticket for bus driver)
Will they provide individual checks for meals?
• How much is the tax?
• Will the gratuity be included?
• Is the bus driver’s meal complimentary?
What is the cancellation or refund policy?
Always record the name of the person making the reservation and the date the reservation is made.
Trip Reference Materials
|Day Trips from Houston: Getaway Ideas for the Local Traveler
Carol Barrington, 12th ed., Globe Pequot Press, June 2008
|Fun with the Family: Texas
Sharry Buckner, Allan C. Kimball, Sharry Buckner (Revised by), 6th ed., Globe Pequot Press, December 2006
|Group Tour Guide
Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau
901 Bagby Street, First Floor
Houston, Texas 77002
713-437-5556 or 1-800-4HOUSTON
|Houston Chronicle“Travel” section in Sunday editions|
|Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
Travel Information Division
125 East 11th Street
Austin, Texas 78701
1-800-452-9292 or 1-800-888-8839
Online requests for the free publications listed below, plus many others, can be made at:www.traveltex.com. The publications are also available at Texas Travel Information Centers:
|Texas Highways Magazine
Texas Official Travel Map
Texas State Travel Guide
|Texas Off the Beaten Path
June Naylor, 8th ed., GPP Travel, November 2008
|Restaurant and rest stop locations with ample facilities and quick service:|
Burger King: www.bk.com
Jack in the Box: www.jackinthebox.com