Questions to Ask for a Successful Trip
While discussing reservations with a destination representative, always provide them with information/history about the group, i.e. average age of the group, physical limitations of passengers, etc.
The following questions will help plan the best possible trip for your group:
Important: Always ask for the very best accommodations for the group.
- Where does the bus/driver drop off and pick up passengers?
• Is it close to the entrance?
- Where does the bus park?
• Are there parking fees?
- How much walking is required?
• Is the surface flat?
• What is the walking surface: paved, gravel, dirt, grass, etc.?
- Is the facility at the destination wheelchair-accessible?
- Is there a place to sit down and rest?
• If someone does not wish to take the tour, is there a place for them to wait for the group?
- Are rest rooms easily accessible?
- What is the duration of the entertainment, tour, activity, or event?
• How early should we arrive?
• When do the doors open?
• Will we have reserved seating?
• Is anything included, like refreshments?
- Will you receive a written confirmation?
- Will anyone meet us? If so, get the person’s name.
- Is there something special to see or do at the destination: A “don’t miss” event?
- What happens if it rains?
• Will the event be cancelled or rescheduled?
• Is there a canopy or portico where the passengers can exit and enter the vehicle in rainy weather?
Reservations . . . and the Money (!)
- Are there any fees, charges, etc?
• Any special or extra charges not included?
• Is there a senior adult discount?
• When is the money due?
• Is a deposit necessary to hold the tickets, reservations, etc?
• When is the final payment due?
• How should the check be made out?
• Will they accept a personal check?
• Do they need only one check?
• To whom and where do you send the money?
• Are there free tickets, meals, parking, etc.? For example, one free for 10 full paying; or one free for 15 full paying (ticket for bus driver)
- Will they provide individual checks for meals?
• How much is the tax?
• Will the gratuity be included?
• Is the bus driver’s meal complimentary?
- What is the cancellation or refund policy?
Always record the name of the person making the reservation and the date the reservation is made.